Join our Team
Lantern Presents create and provide experiences. In this age of endless consumerism, we offer our customers memories. We create and run festivals, events, street spectacles, music and comedy gigs in lots of different locations and venues – from Spiegeltents to town squares, comedy clubs to cathedrals.
We are looking for a positive, outgoing and cheerful person who to work with us during our autumn/winter season 2018-19.
Box Office Assistant
This is a full-time position on a temporary contract. This seasonal employment contract will run from September 2018 to mid-January 2019, with the potential to extend to an annual contract.
You are the first point of contact for our customers, who are the most important people in our business. You will be selling tickets for a wide range of events both over the phone and in person. These tickets might be for a birthday present, anniversary, date night, catch up with old school friends. It could be a fan going to see the band that he or she has listened to for years, whose songs really mean something to them. It could be parents bringing their child to see Santa for the very first time. Whatever the reason, it’s a big deal for the customer so it’s a VERY big deal for us.
We are asking people for two things – their money(!), and their trust that we will deliver the event that they expect. So, their first interaction with us at the box office must be an easy, pleasant and positive experience.
- Providing a quality front line service to customers.
- Selling tickets using a computerised system.
- Dealing with over the counter, telephone and internet bookings.
- Reporting on sales and managing the box office system.
- Managing seating plans, extraordinary bookings and VIP tickets.
- Dealing with customer ticketing queries.
- Other general duties including cleaning the box office, maintaining information and display material at the front of house and in the box office area.
- Assisting the marketing department when required.
Desired qualifications, skills and experience:
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages are considered an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills including email, excel and word.
- Cash handling and numerical skills.
- Ability to juggle tasks and at times work in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- A qualification and/or relevant experience in Event or Marketing Management is desired but not essential.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 6pm Thursday 20th September 2018 with interviews commencing Monday 24th September.